Capstone Cobra-cats

Continuing the discussion from Capstone Learning Exercise:

The Capstone Cobra-cats are @Shannon_House @wwillia @Steven_Brashaw @Bnolen.

###Lesson Plan Links Lesson Plan Rough Draft. (It’s an editable GoogleDoc.)
Pick a section and edit away.

#####Three sample lesson plans
Sample Lesson Plan 1 :point_up_2:
Sample Lesson Plan 2 :v:
Sample Lesson Plan Cheeseburger :hamburger: (There is no hand with 3 fingers.)

###Poem Lists Links List of poems/poets from the civil rights/freedom movements.

List of poems and poets from various historical periods.
This list is actually the Table of Contents for the book, “Against Forgetting” by Corolyn Forche

Or the Table of Contents for Poetry of Witness: The Tradition in English, 1500 - 2001.

We could make these books, and several relevant anthologies part of the “Required Materials” in the Lesson Plan.

###Cobra-cat Contacts
Brad: bkn1521@jagmail.southalabama.edu
Shannon: sch1103@jagmail.southalabama.edu
Whitney: wjw1521@jagmail.southalabama.edu
Steven: smb1327@jagmail.southalabama.edu

####Other Useful Links

1. Old EDM310 Blog. Find examples of past students’ intros, interviews and lessons.
  2. All the Poems
  3. Adrienne Rich’s “What Kind of Times are These”
  4. Anna Ahkmatova’s “Requiem”
  5. Whitman’s “Come up from the fields, father”
  6. US Poet Laureate, Billy Collins reading “Names” before a joint session of Congress.
  7. “Photograph from September 11” BY WISŁAWA SZYMBORSKA
  8. 9/11 Poems
  9. Lesson Plan Video
  10. etc.

###Availability

1. Steven | Mon. - After 3:30 | Tue. - After 4:30 | Wed. - After 3:30 | Thu. - After 4 | Fri. - After 3:30 | Sat. - 4 | Sun. - None

2. Brad | Sat. 12-7:00 | Sun. 2-5:00 | Mon. After 10am

3. Whitney | (11/23) Mon. 9-12 and 1-7| Tue. Any time after 12pm | Wed. Any time | Fri. 8am-1 | Sat. Any time after 1 | Sun. After 3 | Mon 9-12 and 1-7 | Tue. Any time after 12pm

4. Shannon Mon- after 2 | Tue-before 12:30/ between 2 and 6 | Wed- after 2 | Thur- before 12:30 | Fri & Sat- typically unavailable due to work | Sun- after 4

#Home Stretch

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say Good job so far, and ya’ll have done great! I also wanted to apologize for not being able to contribute much lately because of finals. :cry: I know that is not a very good excuse, but it is the truth. Almost did not get my 20+ pg. paper graded yesterday because I was 7 mins. late getting to the History Department.

Anyways, this is my last final. I will be up at the Educational Building around 3 today. I’ll be working on all the things I’ve been meaning to work on for the past couple of weeks.

Let’s finish strong! - Steven

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

#Cobra-Cat Schedule

• Intro Videos & Group Photo - 2pm -6pm Sat. 11/14/15
2 Likes

#Base Lesson Plan

##Link to it

Historical Poetry

1 Like

I really enjoyed June Brindel: “The Road From Selma”

Source

1 Like

Let us edit away.

Lesson Plan Draft

Here’s a cool list of poems/poets from the civil rights/freedom movement.

A list of poems and poets from various historical periods.
This list is actually the Table of Contents for “Against Forgetting” by Corolyn Forche

Or check out the Table of Contents for Poetry of Witness: The Tradition in English, 1500 - 2001.

We could make the books, and several relevant anthologies part of the “Required Materials” in the Lesson Plan.

And, here are two more sample lesson plans for reference.
Number 1 :point_up_2:

Number 2 :v:

2 Likes

I changed the topic to be a wiki, so if any of you (or, really anyone else for that matter) want to edit the top of this thread, you can. I think that wading through all of the comments to figure out whatever is the latest info will become cumbersome.

1 Like

Hey Team Cobra-cat,
This afternoon, I was rehearsing my parent Introduction in front of a camera, and I highly recommend you do so too. It is awkward at first. And, I discovered my Intro was about 2x too long.

1 Like

I rehearse my talks with a stopwatch until I’ve got the timing about right. You want to feel awkward? Do it in front of a mirror.

2 Likes

@Shannon_House @wwillia @Steven_Brashaw

Hey Cobra-cats,
Please post your emails in the Wiki at the top, so we can better stay in touch.
Thanks,
Brad

P.S. I went to the lab today and got a short lesson on the Smartboard. And I also played with the camera/tripod/mic set-up for our videos tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ll be able to meet around 4:30 :smiley:

2 Likes

Classroom 3213. I’m here now.