Goggle at my Google Classroom

edm510-final-project

Continuing the discussion from The Fruits of Your Labor: EDM510 Summer 2016 Final Project!:

For my final project, I decided to create a Google Classroom page for each of the classes that I teach. I chose this project because this will be the first year that my students will be using Chromebooks. I have been hearing a lot lately about how what a wonderful platform Google Classroom is, but I had no idea how to use it. I thought that creating this would help me to feel more confident about using Google classroom this fall.

I spent many hours on this project. I had trouble getting logged in with my account, so I had to contact my school district about activating my account. Once I figured out how to log in, I created a page for each of the subjects that I teach. I also chose a theme for each page. I teach Science to two classes, so I created a page for each of my classes.

For each subject, there is an Stream section (where students have access to announcements, assignments, and questions) and an About section (where student can access a Google Drive for each subject.) I created many announcements, assignments, and questions for the various subjects. I also uploaded many resources. My students are in fifth grade, and they will not be able to take their Chromebooks home with them, so I had to really think about which resources I thought would be beneficial for them to use in class. A few of the resources in Google classroom are resources that I had previously created, but most of them I created just for the assignment.

I learned a lot through completing this assignment. I learned how to navigate through Google classroom. I also learned how to add links for my students to click on in assignments or announcements. I also learned how to create a Google form (in the form of a self-grading quiz, survey, form, etc.) I will definitely be using Google Forms a lot in the future. I also learned a lot about Google Slides, which is great because my students can access presentations on their own devices. I also learned more about using Prezi and Padlet, which I have links to in my Google Classroom. This was overall a great learning experience, and Iā€™m excited to learn even more ways to use Google Classroom.

Since only those at my school have access, here is a video about my Google classroom project:

5 Likes

Good job! The school system where I did my practicum and will be student teaching uses Google classroom so this was helpful for me to get a better idea of how it can be used. Good luck next year!

1 Like

This looks great!

I wish there were a way that we could see it for ourselves.

0 Likes