How to see full text of activity

Is there any way to change the settings on this activity page so that the entire post shows up and not just a summary?

https://dtqr.literatecomputing.com/users/mmb68889/activity

That’s a user page that shows snippets of every post that person made.

Oh, are you saying that you want to see all the text that a person produced?

Yes…is that possible?

I don’t think so. Each user can download their own text to a CSV file, but that’s not what you want.

I’ll see if I can write a plugin that’ll make it possible to expand those posts somehow, but it likely won’t happen by the time I suspect you need it.

That’s okay - but it would definitely be useful in the future. I’m trying to figure out if particular students posted a screencast at anytime over the course of the summer, but there is no easy way to do that as of now…

Oh, now that might be easy (for me, anyway). Do you know, for instance, where the screencast was hosted? (Did they all use the same service, or did they get uploaded here? You might be able to just use the regular Discourse search to find, say “youtube”, but if that won’t work, I can probably poke around with the Data Explorer plugin (it’s not installed right now) and find it/them.

Oh, and I might be able to create a badge that would provide a link to all of those messages.

They used a variety of places to host their screencasts…I just used the easy solution and emailed the students to ask them which week they posted the screencast in.